Energy Manager RailX.
For top-hat rail installation.
Manufacturer-independent sector coupling.
The Energy Manager RailX is a state of the art gateway for energy management applications. It connects PV systems, energy storage units, charging stations, heat pumps and smart plugs into a sector-coupled system, regardless of the manufacturer. The RailX acts as an interface between the energy systems and the energy IoT platform KiwiOS.
High performant gateway for top-hat rail installation
Kiwigrid has developed the Energy Manager RailX as a professional solution for the top-hat rail. Thanks to its compact design and the reduced dimensions, the Energy Manager RailX can easily fit into any control cabinet. The device enables cross-manufacturer integration and cross-sector optimization of PV/hybrid inverters, electricity storage, charging stations, heat pumps and smart meters*. The RailX incorporates eleven years of practical experience and tens of thousands of successful applications in the field. With the latest device generation we strive the goal to create the best and fastest installation experience in the market. The automatic detection and integration of devices, their uncomplicated connection, the rapid configuration thanks to intuitive Smart Setup, and the guided installation for installers and service personnel all contribute to this goal. The time-saving remote configuration of the Energy Manager RailX is also possible without any problems. In addition, the RailX, like the VoyagerX, has an integrated Bluetooth interface, which means that in the future it can be installed easily and quickly via smartphone. By integrating smart switches such as Shelly, the RailX can switch consumers via Ethernet or WLAN through a relay, making wiring easier.
- NEW! Connections for Digital I/O are now integrated in the Energy Manager RailX e.g. for direct connection to SG-Ready heat pumps. An additional Digital Extension is no longer necessary.
- NEW! Connectivity to devices with Ethernet, RS485, SG-Ready and S0
- NEW! Connectivity to KiwiOS.cloud with WiFi possible
- NEW! Configuration via WiFi and Bluetooth* possible
- NEW! Equipped with the latest operating system KiwiOS X
- The quad-core processor makes it as powerful as a smartphone, supporting all current and future energy IoT use cases
- The unique, modern hardware design reduces dependence on global supply chains
- High processor performance and modern OSGi architecture enable parallel use of several applications, ensuring maximum, future-proof use case flexibility
- Highest security standards powered by recognized, state-of-the-art data transfer encryption and user and end device authentication
- Communication with the KiwiOS.cloud relies on services that comply with the C5 standard issued by the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI)
- Manufacturer-independent connectivity for many devices and systems
- Supports all relevant device classes: PV inverters, hybrid inverters with DC-coupled battery storage, AC-coupled energy storage systems, heat pumps, heating rods, energy meters, smart metering systems and smart plugs
- Supports all levels of complexity – from simple device setups (e.g. EV charger only or PV system and EV charger) to complex systems (e.g. PV system with energy storage, EV charger, energy meter and heat pump)
- Bluetooth* support for even simpler and faster installation and configuration
- Highly flexible connection of energy devices either cable-based via Ethernet, I/O, RS-485 and S0 or wireless via Wi-Fi
- Internationally scalable due to support of standardized protocols such as Modbus, SG-Ready, Sunspec and EEBus*, as well as various proprietary protocols by major device manufacturers
- Connection of several Energy Manager RailX and Energy Manager VoyagerX in one household possible